In most cases, the pain in joints that a person has is due to arthritis in that joint or due to an injury that the person has had. The following information should be able to give you an idea of why you have pain and what you should do to cope with this pain.
Pain in One Joint or Several Joints
Pain in just one joint is common. In fact, most times this pain is in the knee joint, as the knee is considered a problem joint. There are several causes of one joint pain and several solutions that you have at your disposal to use in order to correct this and reduce the pain. For those who have pain in several joints, they are going to find that they could have a combination of joint pain causes.
Causes Joint Pain
There are several reasons why a person may have joint pain in one joint or several joints. These include the arthritis becoming worse, the joint lining becoming inflamed, and having gout or pseudogout.
- Arthritis will get worse as a person ages, and it can affect one or many different joints. The changing weather can make this worse.
- This issue causes pain and stiffness in the join and can even cause swelling
- If you believe this is something that is causing your pain, see your doctor.
- When an injury happens and the joint becomes pained or there is contusion, the cause could be due to the tissue around the joints and tendons becoming inflamed. This does not cause any heat or redness, which are often a sign of infection.
- This can be managed at home with ice packs, rest, and the use of anti-inflammatory medication.
Gout or Pseudogout
- When the skin over the joint becomes hot to the touch and red, along with repeated attacks of pain, then this could be gout. Gout or pseudogout is a type of arthritis.
- The cause of gout is due to a build-up of uric acid in the body which then cause the kidneys to not work properly. Crystals will form on the joints due to this waste not getting out of the body, and it can allow the joints to become very painful, often accompanied with a low-grade fever.
- In most cases, a person has gout affect their big toe first, then it begins to affect other joints. This is why it is important to get a doctor to look at this and receive treatment so that it does not spread.
- Pseudogout is only different in that it usually affects the knee first.