Emergency first aid certification courses are the most popular basic first aid courses offered through the major 4 Canadian first aid and CPR providers. This course takes approximately 8 hours to complete and covers the major first aid and CPR topics and the most likely emergency scenarios candidates will ever encounter. Re-certification courses are available for this course and candidates can opt for different levels of CPR training to partner the course. Automated external defibrillator (AED) training is included in this course. To enrol into a emergency first aid certification class in your region visit our training locations page.
Emergency First Aid Certification Course Content:
Candidates enrolled in the emergency first aid certification course will learn about the following topics:
- CPR for adults and children.
- Recognizing and treating conscious and unconscious choking victims.
- Respiratory emergencies including anaphylaxis, aspiration, asthma, shock and hyperventilation.
- Circulatory emergencies including heart attacks, angina, transient ischemic attacks, and strokes.
- Deadly bleeding including embedded objects, abrasions and amputations.
- Broken bones including fractures and spinals.
- Head injuries and treating spinal victims.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree burns.
- Dislocations and sprains / strains.
Levels of CPR:
Candidates enrolled in emergency first aid training will have the option of selecting from two different levels of CPR training. The two levels are:
- CPR level “A” – This level typically comes standard with emergency first aid.
- CPR level “C” – Candidates can select this level but usually it is at a extra cost.
Providers That Offer Emergency First Aid:
The following providers offer emergency first aid course that meets government and legislative standards:
- St Mark James Training – offer certification and re-certification.
- The Lifesaving Society – offer certification and re-certification.
- St. Johns Ambulance – offer only full certification.
- Heart and Stroke Foundation – offer certification and re-certification.
To register for a emergency first aid course candidates can select from the selection of courses from the main or side menu. The selection will guide you to another page where candidates can select the location and later the date, time and specific address of the course. Registration can be done conveniently and comfortably through our training partners on-line registration system. Register for a emergency first aid certification course today!